Unique Lakeview Accommodations — Enjoy a beautiful lake view and spectacular sunsets from our two-room suite with private bath or from the small cottage that stands apart from the main house (or from the tree swing in the backyard). Perched above Lake Champlain in a quiet neighborhood, perfect for downtown and waterfront excursions on foot, by bike, or by car— One Of A Kind offers a creative alternative for the independent traveler.
Credit cards accepted Check in 3 PM, check out 11 AM smoke free Self-catering breakfast of local foods supplied in both suite and cottage Free wireless, high-speed internet Our air is conditioned, naturally, with windows that open and lake breezes to cool you in the summer Friendly cat on premises. Friendly hostess occasionally sighted as well.
Your hostess, Maggie Sherman, is an artist who has been making art in unexpected places since 1980, provoking people to think about their lives and their values. She has been a pioneer in community made art, creating “legacy projects” that revitalize and celebrate the sense of connection and place. Her participants have spanned the social mix from maximum security prisons to corporate boardrooms.
Maggie has received recognition for her work in Smithsonian Magazine, the New Yorker, and The Boston Globe. She uses the “get gooey & giggle” approach to engage people and draw them into a process that breaks down barriers, opens up the lines of communication, and gives people the courage to speak from their intuitive voice. It is from this voice that change occurs and leadership grows.
- Amazing view of Lake Champlain and the Adirondack Mountains — A great place to watch Burlington’s 3rd of July fireworks!
- Easy walk to the Bike Path and the Burlington Waterfront.
- Enjoyable running and walking routes mapped out from the house for easy navigation.
- Close proximity to shopping, dining, and nightlife in Downtown Burlington.
- A great home base for your Burlington Brew Tour!
- Beautiful backyard gardens complete with table, chairs, and tree swing.
- Local newspaper Seven Days: Find out what’s going on in Burlington!
- Thinking green is part of our philosophy and lifestyle at One Of A Kind. We compost, recycle and renovated using green practices. There are numerous ways to get around town. Here is a link to those alternative methods and a way to calculate your carbon footprint.